All of that is completely true. It's really great to read it all put together
like this. I definitely remember all of this when it was happening. What I'm
wondering is how approaching creating an independent VM would be done. I
sometimes wonder if it would be better as a stand alone company outside of
Adobe, but they seem to be capable of doing it since they were on that path
before and made so much progress.

If it could be shown in a class action suit that there was collaboration and
coercion involved with Jobs or Apple I think that would be great. It's
definitely not competition that we experienced the last few years. I'm sure
there could be some pretty significant damages on such a large scale as what
took place. Plus, with such a large market cap and cash pile I'm sure it
wouldn't make much difference. 700 billion now I think.

What that means is that Apple is now in the same position as IBM back in the
90s in a lot of ways with a very closed grip on the market place with a lot to
lose.

I agree with you though too that JS cannot really ever recreate the VM. If
you've used both at a very low level you know that they are very different and
there are a plenty of features that can never be recreated. Here's a good list
that's pretty basic:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HTML5_and_Flash

This is also a good list of features from over the years:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash_Player#Release_history

David