Just an update on this thread --

There is a branch I just pushed up with some squished commits that include
an extended URLLoader component that will capture SSL/TLS connections and
route them through the as3httpclientlib.

The as3httpclientlib project was hosted on Google Code, and no longer
exists.  The owner made a copy of it on GitHub, but he is no longer hosting
the binaries to the project there.  I forked the project and stuck the swc
file as a release build in the forked project.  I set the ANT script to
download the swc binary off my forked copy of this project.  I'm certain
there is a better way to do this, and I would love suggestions on what is
the best way to accomplish including this external library into the
flex-utilities project.

There is still one bug I need to work out (the onData event is not firing
reliably, so downloads may not complete).  I know what is wrong and just
need to re-work a small bit.  I will work on that tomorrow and will let
everybody know once this change won't introduce any regressive bugs.

-Nick