I pushed the changes to develop.  If somebody could test them, I would
appreciate it.  I don't know if I caught all the instances of URLLoader
that are being used, but the new code seems to be triggered in the download
process a few times.

I did have to make a few changes to the as3httpclient module.  The old
version hasn't been updated with the new root certificates, nor did it
allow conical names in the SSL certificate (which Apache just started using
a few months ago because they are using the same certificate for apache.org
as the openoffice websites.  The updated module is on my github account (
https://github.com/quetwo/as3httpclient).  I sent an email a few times over
the last two weeks to the original owner of the codebase to see if this is
something he would want the Apache Foundation to manage (via us), but I
haven't heard back.  The license does allow me, and us, to use a fork of
his project within ours.

-Nick