Hi,

> My understanding on how to bring in code we don't own, but utilize is via
> the ANT scripts.  Is there a different way?

Yes you can bundled it into the source. BSD is one of the simplest cases being
a permissive licence. [1] The code can live in version control if it clearly
marked and it’s existing headers left alone and the BSD license file included.

IMO Having the installer rely on 3rd party source code is preferable to have it
rely on a 3rd party binary, particularly when the source is available under a
permissive license.

Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps