Hi Alex,

As I replied in the FLINK-28046, I don't think it's fair to resolve the
migration complexity issues after marking them deprecated, because that
would practically shorten the migration period. But that can be discussed.

Given that eliminating the removal of SourceFunction was proposed 10 days
ago, and a 2nd round of VOTE [1] was just started, I'd suggest not to
further block the VOTE on this topic.

How about this, we continue with the vote as is, and keep the discussion on
the SourceFunction in Jira or a separate thread. Once the discussion is
finalized, and if we decide to add the item back, we start another VOTE to
update the must-have item list.

WDYT?

Best,

Xintong