> How about this, we continue with the vote as is, and keep the discussion
on
the SourceFunction in Jira or a separate thread.

Sure, but I just want to mention two important things here before we switch
over to [1]:

>Given that eliminating the removal of SourceFunction was proposed 10 days
- This is not the case - here is the original discussion thread from a year
ago [2]
- Here are the vote results [3] agreeing to do exactly the following:

> This proposition implies marking the SourceFunction interface
> itself as @Deprecated + redirecting to the FLIP-27 Source API
> right away, without waiting for all the subtasks to be completed.

This was all already discussed and agreed upon, the decision to revert the
change
comes a bit as a surprise.

@Leonard
If we follow the agreed-upon and voted path and do not revert [1], all the
formalities get
fulfilled.

The rest of the discussion can happen in [1]

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/d6cwqw9b3105wcpdkwq7rr4s7x4ywqr9
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/hrpsddgz65hjvhjozhg72s0wsmxz145p

Thanks,
Alex