Hi Alexander

> I see your concerns regarding the complexity of migration, but we still
> have one year to address them.

Not only the  complexity of migration, but also we lack migration path for now.
We have to deprecate SourceFunction/SinkFunction in 1.18 which feature freeze
date is 2023/07/24 CEST If we want to remove SourceFunction/SinkFunction in
2.0, remove a public API requires at least two minor versions. There’re many
subtasks to finish before we can mark them as deprecated[1], I think we have no
time to finish these subtasks this week(hint: not this year). That’s why we
suggested removing the   SourceFunction/SinkFunction  item from must to have.

Best,
Leonard
[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-28045