Hi Team,

We Have build "Spark + Geode" connector, which allows users to write Spark
application to store/retrieve/query RDDs to/from Geode cluster.

We are wondering wether to have this as part of Geode repo or on separate
public GitHub repo?

Why are we thinking about separate GitHub repo:
- The connector is more driven by Spark Applications to store/retrieve data
from Geode, inlines more with Spark than Geode.
- Has simple build structure (using sbt) than the current Geode
- Spark releases are often and the APIs changes from release to release; having
it in separate helps us to do connector releases followed by Spark
release without
Geode release dependency.
- Easier to manage/maintain the "Spark + connector" with specific Spark
version.

General Question:
Can a module under Geode repo be released independent of Geode Release.
E.g.: Can we release the connector without tied to Geode release?

Any input/suggestions?

Thanks,
-Anil.