> We are wondering wether to have this as part of Geode repo or on separate
> public GitHub repo?

I think the spark connector belongs in the geode community, which implies the
geode ASF repo.  I think we can address the other concerns technically.

> General Question:
> Can a module under Geode repo be released independent of Geode Release.
> E.g.: Can we release the connector without tied to Geode release?

This is an interesting question I don’t know the answer to.  However, I think
we can handle this by creating a geode release frequently enough to satisfy our
community.  For example, if there is a new spark version available we can
determine if there is value to the community in creating a release (geode +
spark connector) containing that support.  Another option to explore is to
create a looser coupling such that the spark connector can work across multiple
spark versions (I know this is possible with Hadoop, not sure about Spark).

> Any input/suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> -Anil.

Anthony