Kevan,

You are right. We have a new mechanism for triggering prohibited works. We need
to get this to the attention of the
legal-discuss folks so they cover that angle in addition to just the "ship"
angle that they have looked at so far.

Would specifying "<scope>provided</scope>" provided in the pom.xml for mysql be
enough to geronimo from downloading
mysql when the plugin is installed? I am not that worried about pulling in that
jar into our maven repo when we
create/build our distribution, as long as we don't ship it.

thanks,
dims