I'd like to see us keep a branches/2.0 and branches/2.1 around, so people can continue to add and enhance the samples if they wish....

-Donald

Joe Bohn wrote:

We have the following branches in samples:
- geronimo/samples/branches/1.0
Newly added for the migration samples. We'll see what happens with this branch. We don't have the other 1.0 samples (were there any?) checked in.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0
This includes the samples for the 2.0.* server stream. It includes jsp-examples and servlet-examples but those are not the ones that we released with the 2.0.x releases which are included with the server at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.0.2/applications/geronimo-examples. We need to keep the branch but I'm wondering if we should remove the jsp & servlet examples from it since the "real" copies are in the tagged server svn repos.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.0-M2
I'm not sure why this branch is around. I think it was an initial experiment for the archetype as it contains just that and the calculator-stateless-pojo example. I think this branch should be deleted.

- geronimo/samples/branches/2.1
This was created when the 2.1 server was released. We need this for the 2.1 stream and I think we need to release this soon. This brings up another question ... Do we release the 2.1 samples (like we did for server) and keep a branch for 2.1.x-SNAPSHOT or do we just release the samples and assert that if something breaks the samples it should not be included in a subsequent 2.1.x server release?

- geronimo/samples/trunk
Current trunk for 2.2 (just like the server trunk). Definitely need to keep this and ensure that appropriate changes are reflected from 2.1.