David Jencks wrote:

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

The archetype needs to be documented in the wiki for 2.1+ if we intend to encourage its use. I assume that is still the case (please speak-up otherwise). BTW, I'm not sure what it would mean to release the archetype. It produces a jar but I'm not sure what it would be used for. Anybody have any opinions?

The new (plugin and assembly) archetypes are documented:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Constructing+a+special-purpose+server+using+maven

If you have suggestions on how to document them better I'm all ears. This is the best I could think of.

David,

I'm specifically talking about the archetype for the samples located here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/geronimo-samples-archetype/
not the plugin or assembly archetypes.

I'm really just listing things that I think we need to clear up before we can release the 2.1 samples and trying to understand what it might mean to release the samples archetype.

Joe