Hi Ioan
Yes, we're committed to upgrading to Groovy 2.x for Gradle 2.0, which will
be the next release of Gralde.
Clearly, there are quite a few things that will need fixing and patching to
make Gradle work with Groovy 2.x. In some cases the fix is a simple rename,
but simply commenting out things isn't really going to cut it.

If you're willing to dive in deep to try to fix the underlying issues that
would be great. Otherwise, somebody with more Groovy experience will
probably need to take this on.
Thanks
Daz