On 28 Aug 2014, at 9:09 am, WonderCsabo <kozakcs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On LATEST: I tried LATEST with Maven 3.2.1 (almost latest stable), and it
> works currently. But it is strange that i did not found any official
> documentation on it. Maybe i just cannot use Google... I stumbled upon  this
> <http://blog.sonatype.com/2009/12/maven-dependency-resolution-a-repository-perspective/#.U_5hZGM571M>
>
> old blog entry from Sonatype. According to this, two selectors exist, the
> LATEST, which is equal to latest.integration in Ivy, and RELEASE which is
> same as latest.release in Ivy. At least in my interpretation.

Given that ‘latest.integration’ and ‘latest.release’ almost certainly won’t
work, we may as well map to ‘LATEST’ and ‘RELEASE’ when we can. We should also
change the pom parsing code to understand these, so we can use a generated pom
in another Gradle build.

> On parsing: I hardly believe you do all do dependency tree calculation
> without such a class. :S But i clearly miss something. But i would gladly
> create such a class if it's really needed.

There is a class, it’s called VersionMatcher. However, you have to parse the
string every time you want to ask a question about a selector string, instead
of parsing it once and then passing around some representation of the parsed
string.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder