On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 1:54 AM, WonderCsabo <kozakcs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way the dynamic version feature is very rarely used. Actually i
> never
> seen it in a real-life gradle project. So option two may suffice for now.
> Also i was wondering maybe we can replace the `latest` keyword with a
> half-open range, but that can have culprits.

Note that when we refer to 'dynamic versions', we mean both version ranges
like '1.+' and ivy-specific latest selectors like 'latest.integration'.
While you may not have seen the latter used, I'm aware of several very
large organisations for which this is vital to their development process.
So you might want to be careful when assuming something is "very rarely
used" :).

For now, let's map the version range selectors to a Maven-compatible
syntax, and simply copy anything else as-is. This will fix many cases where
Maven cannot handle a Gradle-generated POM, while keeping the solution
simple.
--
Darrell (Daz) DeBoer
Principal Software Engineer, *Gradleware <http://gradleware.com>*

Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA:
http://www.gradlesummit.com