On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 17:05 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 2 February 2018 at 13:33, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 20:18 +0000, sebb wrote:
> > > It may not be pretty, but I find it legible and generally easy to
> > > navigate so I hope those attributes won't be lost.
> > >
> > > Also, it's important not to break any links.
> > >

> > It is also important to eat healthy, be polite and stay away from
> > those
> > girls.
> >
> > I am sorry, Sebastian, but links are likely to get broken and some
>
> It's not necessary to change the site design.
> Nor is it necessary to drop Maven.

Of course not, as long as some other poor sucker has to maintain that
site.

> I think links are a lot more more important than looks.

This is not so much about the look of the site being terrible (which is
a consequence, not a cause) but about the way the site gets generated
is terrible.

Have you ever wondered why there has been literally not a single
contribution to our web site from an external contributor?

Have you ever wondered why there have been only two substantial
contributions to our documentation in the past 10 years? I suspect the
reason is the same.

Oleg