On Saturday 01 September 2001 05:51, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > My own opinion is that the cache should be the last content filter run.
> > Basically, it should probably be specified as the first HTTP_HEADER
> > filter type.
>
> The core question is whether we store data in the cache with transfer
> encodings already applied.

I would put it before the content encodings, but after the content filters.  My
reasoning is simple.  Content encodings tend to be fast, but content filtering
tends to be slow. Cache the slow stuff, ignore the fast stuff.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]