Graham Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greg Marr wrote:
>
> > In Ian's particular case, that is incorrect.  The value of his
> > includes vary from request to request, so he needs the cache to
> > be before the includes filter.
>
> This isn't necessary - simply use the Cache-Control directives
> correctly so that the includes content is not cached.

How exactly do you use Cache-Control directives so that the content that
is cached is before includes are processed, and that when it is
retrieved from the cache, the includes are processed?  It just doesn't
work that way.  In this case you have to put the includes before the
cache.

> mod_cache should behave exactly like a transparent cache would.

In your application, yes, not in the one in question.

> No, I'm saying use the Cache-Control directives correctly exactly as
> a transparent proxy would.

That's not the desired behavior.