Ryan Bloom wrote:

> But keeping it simple would essentially make the cache less useful.  If I request
> a pdf file using three different browsers, the server will most likely have three
>different
> copies of the same file.  One with byteranges, one with chunks, and one with
> neither.

This returns to the point about whether the cache should store data with
the transfer encodings applied, or not.

I think that the cache should store data *without* transfer encodings
applied: Ie not chunked and not byteranged. This solves your problem.

If we do need to do anything clever (AKA potentially confusing) like
apply a gzip transfer encoding before caching content (or applying a
gunzip filter if the opposite is true) it's done within the
cache_storage.c code - thus keeping "potentially confusing" stuff out of
the Apache filter stacks.

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature