Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I still think the handler_fn function is overkill.  The performance of Apache 1.3
> wasn't bad, because we did sane string compares, making sure that the
> lengths were equal before doing a full strcmp.

You're right, 1.3 was faster than the way we do it now.  But we could do
better still.

I was thinking of something like a hash or a trie search for exact
matches on r->handler.  But then OtherBill got me thinking that if a
module decided that it could serve the request in some earlier phase, it
ought to be able to do something to latch on to the handler phase and
eliminate most of the searching altogether.

Greg