On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Greg Ames wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 08:11:45AM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > >
> > > Heh, anyone want to check this out?
> >
> > Yeah, I see it too.  Add:
> >
> > ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
> >
> > to daedalus's httpd.conf.  I added it via .htaccess to docs-2.0
> > in httpd.apache.org and it respected the LanguagePriority
>
> ...so are we saying the config file suddenly went bad?  It's possible, but I
> doubt it.

The config files are wrong; they should have ForceLanguagePriority.

BUT... This does not explain the problem.  In the absence of
ForceLanguagePriority, apache should do the following:

1) If no Accept-Language: Use LanguagePriority.

2) If Accept-Language doesn't match with available language: Return "No
Acceptable Variant".

It shouldn't be returning Japanese in any case unless Japaenese is
preffered in the Accept-Language or by LanguagePriority.

So we shouldn't just patch httpd.conf.  We need to figure out what is
going wrong.

Joshua.