From: "Joshua Slive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 11:02 AM

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Greg Ames wrote:
>
> > ...so are we saying the config file suddenly went bad?  It's possible, but I
> > doubt it.
>
> The config files are wrong; they should have ForceLanguagePriority.
>
> BUT... This does not explain the problem.  In the absence of
> ForceLanguagePriority, apache should do the following:
>
> 1) If no Accept-Language: Use LanguagePriority.

Bingo.  It's been so long since I hadn't looked at this; I've had brain
freeze.  [20 hour days with 4 hours rest haven't helped either - revisiting
some priorities over this weekend I expect will help - at least help me.]

That is not, in fact, what ForceLanguagePriority NONE should accomplish.
I got stuck figuring out the implementation - the others worked so I had
proceeded up to this issue.

If the express no language preference, and we have ten available languages,
and the administrator configures ForceLanguagePriority None - the available
variants aught to be displayed.

[It would be _really_ cool to have a HTTP_MULTIPLE_CHOICES.html that provides
a single comment on how to toggle the language list for some common browsers :)

> 2) If Accept-Language doesn't match with available language: Return "No
> Acceptable Variant".

With None you are correct.

Let me point out we can assign any reasonable default for the ForceLanguagePriority
options until the admin overrides them.  ForceLanguagePriority Default  would be
one good start.