GNATS (bugs.apache.org), in short, sucks (that's an understatement).
All I want is a usable web interface to manage our bugs.  I have
spent way too much time over the last few weeks fighting this
horrible bug system and trying to clean up the entries.

So, who among those who would go through the bugs would veto the use
of bugzilla?  It may be crap, but I believe less so than GNATS.  Pier
already has bugzilla setup on nagoya, so it should be fairly trivial
to add an httpd-2.0 project.

Please don't tell me that bugzilla is insecure - it's already being
used by the ASF - adding one more project isn't going to introduce
any new holes.  And, it may just make it so that mere mortals can
triage the bugs that we need to address before 2.0 GA.

Try to query via the website based on arrival-date.  You can't.
GNATS is completely useless.  If we don't use bugzilla, I'd recommend
just taking down GNATS as it is inherently unmanagable.  Note that
we have 2,365 OPEN PRs in GNATS right now.  There just isn't a way
to sort through these with this tool.  -- justin