Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>Well, there are a number of issues that I think we'd need to hash
>out before thinking about what comes next.  Should we open 2.1
>now?  I don't think so.  But, should we in three or four months?
>Perhaps - it depends how 2.0 goes.

I think we also need a more solid definition of what differentiates
2.1 development from 2.0 maintenance--and, for that matter, what
differentiates 2.1 from 3.0.  The definitions currently in the
ROADMAP file are mostly a list of things that didn't fit in 2.0.
IMHO, now is a good time to discuss in more general terms what
2.1 and 3.0 mean--both from a developer's perspective and from
a user's perspective.  E.g., "2.1 will give users improved modularity
and configurability, and 3.0 will provide best-in-class scalability
and performance" (or something like that :-)

--Brian