On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:32:10AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:04:47PM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> > This removes support for "Include <somedir>", by the argument that
> > include dirs will just trip people up unexpectedly, and "Include
> > <somedir>/*" is equivalent if they really want that behaviour. (Although
> > the ability to recurse into subdirectories is also removed, I don't
> > think that's particularly useful either)
>
> Why do we want to remove the "Include <somedir>" feature that has
> been there for a while?  I'm not sold on removing that so quickly
> without a good rationale.  -- justin

The rationale goes: the feature is not really usable (you can't use it
easily with any editor which creates config files), and has surprising
behaviour (it works fine until you change a config file).

I'd be surprised if very many people are using it, and they can still
get the same effect using Include dir/* (except for the recursion).

joe