* Joe Orton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:32:10AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 02:04:47PM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> > > This removes support for "Include <somedir>", by the argument that
> > > include dirs will just trip people up unexpectedly, and "Include
> > > <somedir>/*" is equivalent if they really want that behaviour. (Although
> > > the ability to recurse into subdirectories is also removed, I don't
> > > think that's particularly useful either)
> >
> > Why do we want to remove the "Include <somedir>" feature that has
> > been there for a while?  I'm not sold on removing that so quickly
> > without a good rationale.  -- justin
>
> The rationale goes: the feature is not really usable (you can't use it
> easily with any editor which creates config files), and has surprising
> behaviour (it works fine until you change a config file).
>
> I'd be surprised if very many people are using it, and they can still
> get the same effect using Include dir/* (except for the recursion).

I'd be quite surprised if anyone in a mass vhosting environment _wasn't_
using it, to be honest. Especially the recursion.

This seems like a pretty bad thing to remove.

Cheers,
-Thom
--
Thom May -> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<alp> proprietary software is kind of love/hate by definition. you
      love the vendor for giving you a useful software tool, but
      hate them when you find out that the tool is bug-riddled and
      you'll have to pay for an upgrade. In that respect, free software
      is pure love, i guess. heh