* rbb wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> I did
>> try to wrap my brain around documenting both pre and post auth in the
>> same /docs-2.0/ tree.  It didn't make any sense.  Perhaps someone
>> else can do better.
>
> I will write the docs to handle both.  I commit to having them done by
> the end of the week.

I've tried to find a solution. It's certainly not complete, but a first
suggestion. I simply fetched the old module docs from the Attic, named
them "obs_*" and modified the xslt a little bit. As proposed by
Joshua they got the status "Obsolete" and also a large warning on top of
the page. The modules are listed on module index

<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/mod/>

below all other modules and on the sitemap the same way:

<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/manual/sitemap.html>

However, the directives don't appear in directive indexes (because of
status='obsolete').

The whole patch can be found here:
<http://cvs.apache.org/~nd/obs.patch>

I think we need a document that explains exactly the changes and the new
provider mechanism, so we may set links from both (pre and post) module
docs.

Comments, further suggestions and flames are welcome.

nd
--
"Die Untergeschosse der Sempergalerie bleiben währenddessen aus
 statistischen Gründen geflutet." -- Spiegel Online