On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:47:27 -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote
> --On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 6:39 PM +0100 Dirk-Willem van Gulik
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > +1 for including 0.0.6 from <http://open.cyanworlds.com/> into the
> > tree ?
I will be putting 0.0.7 out later today that has Gunter's win32 & netware
patch and a few small tweaks.

> I prefer to see a definitive statement regarding the licensing first
> (which I don't believe we have yet received).

I have e-mailed [EMAIL PROTECTED] regarding this, and have not received any
reply.

> We also need a way to ensure at configure-time that the MySQL
> libraries were compiled to be thread-safe.  IIRC, it's an explicit
> configure-time option when you build MySQL.  I don't think most
> distributions include that option by default.  -- justin
The default lib mysqlclient is *only* not thread safe in the mysql_connect
(hence the mutex locking around those areas), but everything else is thread
safe.  The specialy compiled thread safe library is thread safe in all
functions.

-chip