Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Jeff Trawick wrote:

Too bad all these supposedly-disenfranchised people aren't around to review 1.3 fixes. 1.3 would be healthier if they were.

And it is the reason for why they are not around that is in question here. Why wouldn't there be plenty of hackers around for a piece of software
used to widely? Blaming the hackers seems a bit shortsighted. Have a
look at the environment we have given them to operate in and at some of
the responses over the years people have gotten when they suggested new
features for 1.3.

The point was not to blame anybody. Instead, I don't believe there are so many people as you imply. Many of the people who are no longer developing have moved on to other interests/work/etc. and have dropped out of httpd dev because of that.

If somebody is no longer working on [EMAIL PROTECTED] because they feel disenfranchised, it is fair to point out that their skills are still very useful even if they don't want to mess with 2.x.