Nick Kew wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:17:01 -0400
"Akins, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/27/08 3:58 AM, "Torsten Foertsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

 So I was going to reimplement it based on mod_wombat some
time this year.

The nice thing about lua, in addition to being lightweight, is that
most of the url mapping/rewriting can be simple lua statements.

<Lua fixups>
if string.match(r.uri, '/something') then
     r.filename = '/www/that/path'
end
</Lua>

Fine for users who want to hack their own server.  Like <Perl>.

But r.filename is the kind of innards we really don't want
to expose to the typical mod_rewrite user!

I disagree.

Just read the mod_rewrite docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/rewrite_tech.html#InternalAPI

They are already exposing internals to "users'.

"Users" want customization.

We should just do it right, and stop hacking around the central problem.

Expose the structures.

Embed Lua.

-Paul