Paul Querna wrote:
Issac Goldstand wrote:

I think the right approach is to first change the internal configuration API.

Make it a real API, not a series of callbacks with filepointers and strings in them.

Once we have that, we can write language bindings for all of them, and all languages are on an equal footing.

My personal belief is that Lua should be compiled into the core, and enabled by default. This does not really mean a hard dependency.

I would *prefer* that it can still be compiled out, and yes, while it would be hard to configure without a 'configuration provider', alternatives could be written in any language, or even with XML input as others have wanted for years, since we now fixed configuration to be an API.

That, I'd happily +1

  Issac