Paul Querna wrote:

> I am trying to parse what you mean by this vote Bill.
>
> The vote is on all of the source release, including the -deps
> tarballs.  For the terms of the vote, I will interpret this as a -1 on
> the entire release.

That's fine.  I interpret 'our release' as httpd.  If httpd is ready,
it should keep moving, and the -deps package, while nice for GA, really
isn't necessary for alphas IMHO.

> I agree, the root of the problem is the APR project, and they should
> do a release when they see fit.

Agreed.  And that falls on you or I also, of course.  Expecting that
we can agree to a release this week, sorry that overwork and lack of
vision contributed to my dropping the ball on releasing apr-1.4 (not
apr-util-1.4 where many 'questionable additions' reside).

> I don't agree that we can't release a bundled unreleased version of
> APR, we did this for many versions of httpd 2.0.x and 2.1.x.  It
> definitely isn't preferred, but that's the APR project's problem.

And we voted on that and released it.  After about a year of that chaos
it evolved to apr releasing their own releases.  That's bootstrapping.

It was part of the same package.  You've split this into two packages,
so I truly can't discern your argument that '-deps' is mandatory for
httpd to even ship.

Finally, I have yet to see any feedback on the pcre mandatory dependency
issue.  Comments?