> On Apr 20, 2018, at 8:04 AM, Micha Lenk <mi...@lenk.info> wrote:
>
> In my role as Debian Developer maintaining the Debian packages of other OSS
> projects, and also in my role of maintaining a commercial reverse proxy
> product based on Apache httpd during my day job, I value the ability to
> distinguish between bugfix-only releases and feature addition releases.

I understand that, thx. I also understand how a minor bump makes that easier.
It would make, however, other people's lives and jobs *more* difficult, I
think, so it's all about balance. I can see how distinguishing the difference
is also nice, but what "value" do you derive from it? I am genuinely curious.
Thx!

This is a "hack", of course, but what if CHANGES specifically called out new
features like we do w/ SECURITY items?