On 19 Apr 2018, at 10:35 PM, David Zuelke <dzue...@salesforce.com> wrote:

> Of course, but that's exactly my point. It was introduced not in
> 2.4.0, but in 2.4.17. Five "H2…" config directives are available in
> 2.4.18+ only, one in 2.4.19+, and three in 2.4.24+.

H2 support was marked as “experimental” in the versions you are listing, and so
changes to these directives were entirely expected as per our process.

As per our changelog, H2 support was marked as fully production ready and
therefore subject to our normal versioning rules as of v2.4.26:

http://www-eu.apache.org/dist//httpd/CHANGES_2.4

Our process allows the introduction of new features for the reasons already
explained previously.

Regards,
Graham
—