On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 1:59 PM Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Using Github/Travis should inform us on the status of a proposal.

Good, so having it run on every branch is fine by you right?

> Github/Travis should definitely not be invited onto our PMC and given a veto
> vote on backports and releases.

I don't think anyone proposed that merges (let alone releases) be
blocked by ci, this is a per-project setting in github AFAICT.
Now if the ci fails for whatever reason (bad code or bad test) and the
merge happens anyway, this will have to be fixed on the target branch
at one time or another. The point is that it shouldn't affect others
too much, if the PR uncovered a can of worms elsewhere I still think
that we'd better fix that too before merging (not on the PR's
contributor though), but here again the ci is of great help for
everyone.

So if committers can contribute by either pushing directly to git.a.o
(almost like before) or using github, and we don't let github dictate
our policies, and github also allows for more contributors (thus more
people to potentially become committers), what are your reserves
still?

Regards;
Yann.