Clinton, it was only a conjecture that it was using the File object, but my
follow up emails show
that I peeked into Resource.java to see what is going on.

But, afaik, all signs at the moment point to a problem in ibatis. When I pull
the XML files out of
the jar and put them directly into WEB-INF/classes, the XML configs can be
found. My best guess at
the moment is that it deals with the Classloader that is being passed in.

I'd like someone on the ibatis team to reproduce it. I am using tomcat 5.0.28,
if it makes a
difference on what platform is used.

Paul

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/java/mapper/mapper2/src/com/ibatis/common/resources/Resources.java