> On 26 Oct 2018, at 12:02, Maxim Muzafarov <maxmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Petr,
>
>> Disclaimer: currently, on branches with no inspections file there is
> default inspections file with all inspections turned off
>
> I'd suggest another approach:
> - we should use the default inspection configuration file only for old
> release branches like (2.5, 2.6 etc.);

That’s exactly what was meant.

> - the other branches should merge the latest changes from the master
> branch and fix all local issues according to configured inspection rules;

There is no easy way to distinguish obsolete branches from old release branch.
Considering speed of changes applied to master branch, all branches either way
will be updated to master soon.

> The other situations may lead us to new inspection issues come from merged
> obsolete PRs.

Also I really do not see any problem with that due to new functionality of such
inspections and their influence on Test Run at all.
As new way of testing code, this process will take it’s time to become common,
and then there will be no obsolete branches.