Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.01.2008, 10:28 +0100 schrieb Thomas Mueller:
> Hi,
>
> > getting that functionality from a library
>
> The problem I see is version conflicts. What if the application uses a
> different version of the same library.

This is more an issue with the traditional (web) apps and IMHO is one of
the biggest problems in componentized applications. The best solution to
this is ... tada ... OSGi ;-)

> > copied and used elsewhere
>
> Do these +350 lines mean completely avoiding version conflicts and
> removing one dependency? That would sounds OK to me. Personally, I
> really don't like copied source code inside the same project.

The class source is copied into the respective o.a.j.webdav package. So
there is no chance of collision, actually.

> > using JAXP you can never be sure which parser you actually get
>
> Trying to support all XML parser implementations and versions sounds a
> bit like trying to support all SQL databases to me. What do other
> people think about using JAXP? Those links are a bit old:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg00787.html
> https://jaxp.dev.java.net/1.4/JAXP-Compatibility.html

No comment ...

Regards