Hi,

On Jan 16, 2008 6:01 PM, Thomas Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My experience is that all XML parser are a little bit different. I
> don't know about you, but I did run into quite many problems because
> of XML parser incompatibilities. If we always use the same parser we
> would be sure we always get the same result on all systems. I believe
> that would be a big advantage, what do you think?

In Jackrabbit we only use a fairly standard subset of XML
functionality, mainly just parsing and serialization of relatively
simple XML documents. I think the only real XML parser incompatibility
issue we've faced is the xmlns serialization issue, and we have good
workarounds for that.

So I don't see us having many problems with using standard JAXP, and
given the classloading horrors described by Carsten I would very much
prefer sticking with standard JAXP.

BR,

Jukka Zitting