On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Balak Dev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Alex and Thomas,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help. We were able to get the clustered configuration
> going.
>
> I have few more doubts on the architecture part. We have the configuration
> in such a way that everything is being pointed to the database. I mean the
> Filesystem, persistance manager of the workspace, versioning and also search
> index of the workspace and the cluster configuration.

For a clustered environment you should (must) have the index on the
local disk and not shared inside the database. Using the
LocalFileSystem as FileSystem and a BundlePersistenceManager (for the
specific DB) as PersistenceManager is the standard way to go.

> If i look at my workspace, i have the workspace configuration file and a
> folder called index. I guess the index is for the search part.

Yes, if you have a SearchIndex configuration (which you probably want
in all cases, cause it is needed for searching the repository), the
only available implementation is lucene-based, which stores its files
in the subfolder index/ of the workspace.

> 1) I didnt understand where the actual data is being stored?

The persistence manager takes care of storing the actual data. If you
use a database pm, it will store the data in a few tables in the db -
depending on the pm implementation. The recommended bundle persistence
managers store bundles (1 bundle = 1 node + its properties) per row +
a other tables for references etc.

> 2) what is the role of Filesystem configuration?

To store things that work on a file system style, eg. workspace.xml
and lucene index files. It is recommended to use the standard
LocalFileSystem, which stores everything inside the normal file
system, if there is not a specific reason to do otherwise.

> 3) what is the role of workspace when we are having the configuartions
> pointing to database?

A workspace is a JCR concept. One repository can have multiple
workspaces, each having it's own node tree. See the JCR spec for more.

Please note that if you change the repository.xml, especially the
<Workspace> element, it will only affect new workspaces you create -
because it acts just as a template. If you have existing workspaces,
you must change the workspace.xml inside workspaces/<workspace-name>
(the latter path is given by the <Workspaces> element in the
repository.xml - but you should not change the default setting if
there is no specific reason to do so).

Regards,
Alex

--