On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Guo Du<mrdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Bart van der
> Schans<b.vandersch...@onehippo.com> wrote:
>> Iirc there's a similar problem with multi value properties when you
>> add a lot of values.
>>
>> Is there any room left in the current implementation to improve the
>> performance of those two use cases? Or did somebody already look at it
>> thoroughly and squeezed out the last bit of performance gain? If not,
>> I would be happy to run some tests in a profiler and see what comes
>> up..
>>

> By Alex:  bundle pm stores nodes + its properties + its list of child
> nodes in a compact binary blob.
>
> This means read a node will load all child reference/properties to
> mem, I cannot see it could be improved significantly by bundle pm.
> It's possible with other pm store if the child/properties are stored
> separately.
It could be interesting to just add one table with (id,parent_id) and
remove the child node list from the bundle and separate the
hierarchical information from the content. But I changing the storage
format is a huge change and I don't think it would justify the
performance gain.

Bart

--
Hippo B.V.  -  Amsterdam
Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT, Amsterdam, +31(0)20-5224466

Hippo USA Inc.  -  San Francisco
101 H Street, Suite Q, Petaluma CA, 94952-3329, +1 (707) 773-4646
http://www.onehippo.com   -  i...@onehippo.com