hi ajai

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Ajai<ajaik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> We are running the tests on a "Core 2 Duo 2.3 GHz, 4 GB  RAM running Windows
> Server 2003" machine.
>
> Please find attached the
>
> 1. repository.xml
> 2. indexconfiguration.xml.
> 3. source java file for upload (ThreadFeeder.java)
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/ThreadFeeder.java ThreadFeeder.java
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/repository.xml repository.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24620741/indexingconfiguration.xml
> indexingconfiguration.xml

thanks!

as far as i can tell, you're not doing anything unreasonable.
however, you have to be aware that some features come at
a certain cost.

1. fulltext search/text extractors do impact write performance significantly.
2. versioning: same here, checkin() is a pretty expensive operation on
    nt:file nodes
3. mssql server is not known to be terribly fast (at least not when used
    as jackrabbit backend).

in order to identify what's causing the appallingly bad results please
do the following:
1. disable search index or text extractors and compare results
2. remove checkin() call and compare results
1. use emnedded derby and compare results

if you could provide GenRandom.java, i'll run the test on my own machine.

cheers
stefan