Hi,

Thomas Müller schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> It's worth to move some of the internal API to jackrabbit-api
>> for other bundle to provide different implementation. Tt could well
>> documented and better for third party to extend the jackrabbit.
>
> I would do that only if there is an actual need for it. Do you have
> another implementation? Persistence manager, data store, or journal?
> If yes, would it be enough to just move the persistence manager
> interface, or do we need to do something else (for example does your
> implementation extend the abstract bundle persistence manager)?

I would not move the API to the Jackrabbit API. Just moving the
interfaces into sepatate packages, eg. below o.a.j.core.api would
suffice it to export this space and leave the implementation private.

And yes, there is potentially a requirement/use for it: In Day we
implement so-called Connectors to other (legacy) systems like
Documentum, Sharepoint etc. Being able to "attach" these to the
repository with proper bundling would help much in terms of development
and deployment efforts.

Regards
Felix