On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:09, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's worth to move some of the internal API to jackrabbit-api
>>> for other bundle to provide different implementation. Tt could well
>>> documented and better for third party to extend the jackrabbit.
>>
>> I would do that only if there is an actual need for it. Do you have
>> another implementation? Persistence manager, data store, or journal?
>> If yes, would it be enough to just move the persistence manager
>> interface, or do we need to do something else (for example does your
>> implementation extend the abstract bundle persistence manager)?
>
> I would not move the API to the Jackrabbit API. Just moving the
> interfaces into sepatate packages, eg. below o.a.j.core.api would
> suffice it to export this space and leave the implementation private.

+1

Moving the persistence manager interface and co (basically everything
that can be swapped by custom implementations in the repository.xml)
into a separate API package is a good idea. But it makes sense to
separate this from the client-side API in jackabbit-api and only have
this as an exported package in jackrabbit-core.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek