Okay, certainly I don't want to document something that is both hidden and
faulty! :grin:

I guess this is a general question (nothing to do with JSON in particular). How
about a setting to enable any of the modes grouped in SyntaxLabels, for all
parsing and output? Does that sound reasonable?  In that case, the API seems a
bit more complex, because it's something that could arise outside of ARQ, so
maybe a static setting is better (than a Symbol in Contexts).

ajs6f