Hi all,

Since last week, we have reached the stage of Code Freeze for the 3.0.0
Apache Kafka release.

>From this point forward and until the official release of 3.0.0, only
critical fixes for blocker issues should be merged to the 3.0 release
branch.

The release plan currently includes ten (10) such known blockers.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+3.0.0

Besides these issues, any new issue that potentially gets discovered will
need to be reported on dev@kafka.apache.org (under this thread) and be
evaluated as a release blocker. At this point, the bar for such issues is
high; they need to be regressions or critical issues without an acceptable
workaround to be considered as release blockers.

Exceptions of changes that may be merged to the 3.0 branch without a
mention on the dev mailing list are fixes for test failures that will help
stabilize the build and small documentation changes.

If by the end of this week we are down to zero blockers and have green
builds and passing system tests, I will attempt to generate the first
Release Candidate (RC) for 3.0.0 on Friday.

Thank you all for the hard work so far.
Konstantine