Hi David,
Thanks for the KIP.
It makes sense to me.

Some comments:
1. Should we bump the `LeaveGroupRequest` protocol version to 5?
2. the description in the new field: "about": "The reason" -> "about": "The
reason why the member left the group"
3. For the `removeMembersFromConsumerGroup` case, do you think we can add a
new "reason" field in `RemoveMembersFromConsumerGroupOptions`, and default
to "the consumer was removed by an admin." as you proposed? I think when
getting the reason "removed by an admin" is not quite helpful for
troubleshooting, right? So, with the new field, it allows users to be able
to customize the reason if necessary.  for troubleshooting, What do you
think?

Thank you.
Luke