Appreciate the careful review Jose.!

Ack on 1 and 2. Will fix.

For number 3 (and I am using [1] as a reference for this discussion), I
think the correct language to use would be:

"Whenever a new fetch request
comes in the replica's last caught up time is updated to the time of
this fetch request if it requests an offset *greater than or equal to* the
leader's
current end offset"
Does that sound right now?

Although I think I will go ahead and rewrite the explanation in a way that
is more understandable. Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/fa59be4e770627cd34cef85986b58ad7f606928d/core/src/main/scala/kafka/cluster/Replica.scala#L97

--