From: Niket Goel <ng...@confluent.io>
Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 5:25 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org <dev@kafka.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-836: Addition of Information in
DescribeQuorumResponse about Voter Lag
Appreciate the careful review Jose.!

Ack on 1 and 2. Will fix.

For number 3 (and I am using [1] as a reference for this discussion), I think
the correct language to use would be:

"Whenever a new fetch request
comes in the replica's last caught up time is updated to the time of
this fetch request if it requests an offset greater than or equal to the
leader's
current end offset"
Does that sound right now?

Although I think I will go ahead and rewrite the explanation in a way that is
more understandable. Thanks for pointing this out.

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/fa59be4e770627cd34cef85986b58ad7f606928d/core/src/main/scala/kafka/cluster/Replica.scala#L97

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 3:20 PM José Armando García Sancio