Hi JB,

Excellent ideas that you propose. Here is some light modifications
that  propose for your list of components

- Repository : All issues related to OBR, Maven, pax mvn configs
- Admin : All issues related to 'admin,client,karaf,start,stop'
scripts to launch Karaf on W2K, Unix, Mac, SSH, Authenticate/Authorise
users, Define log/trace, Debugging, ...
- Console : All issues related to shell - commands display
- Commands : All issues related to execution commands
- Web Console: All issues related to the web console
- Web Container: All issues related to the web container, web deployer, Pax-Web
- Features: All issues related to Karaf features
- Deployer: All issues related to (hot) deployers (wrap, eba, spring,
blueprint, bundle, simple jar, kar)
- OSGi/Runtime: All issues related to bundle installation, OSGi framework, etc
- Cellar: All issues related to Karaf Cellar
- Various : All issues related to something else

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:
> [...]
>
> As to an RC1 -- this would be something we just tag from trunk?
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Christian Schneider
> ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> +1 for all proposals.
>>
>> Before the 3.0.0 release I think we should do a 3.0.0-RC1 release that
>> people can already test. So I hope we get more feedback for the real 3.0.0.
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> Am 11.07.2011 12:23, schrieb  Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We should now focus on the Karaf 3.0.0 release. I have a set of proposals
>>> to deal with you.
>>>
>>> 1 - Jira
>>> ----------
>>> As you certainly saw in your mailbox, I started to prepare the Karaf 3.0.0
>>> roadmap.
>>>
>>> I edited Jira issues to add a fix version and the component. Feel free to
>>> review directly the issues associated to the 3.0.0 release (simply search
>>> the fix version 3.0.0 in Jira).
>>>
>>> We have also:
>>> - Karaf 3.0.1
>>> - Karaf 3.1.0
>>> where you can move the issues depending of the severity/priority.
>>>
>>> I would like also to propose some changes in the Jira components.
>>> Currently, the Jira components are not very helpful. I think that we need
>>> more fine-grained components. I propose:
>>> - OBR: all issues related to OBR
>>> - Shell: all issues related to shell display and shell commands (it's
>>> currently console)
>>> - WebConsole: all issues related to the web console
>>> - WebContainer: all issues related to the web container, web deployer,
>>> Pax-Web
>>> - Features: all issues related to Karaf features
>>> - WrapDeployer: all issues related to wrap deployer
>>> - KAR: all issues related to KAR artifact and deployer
>>> - OSGi/Runtime: all issues related to bundle installation, OSGi framework,
>>> etc
>>> - Cellar: all issues related to Karaf Cellar
>>>
>>> 2 - Subversion
>>> --------------------
>>> Currently Karaf 3.0.0 is the Karaf trunk.
>>>
>>> I propose:
>>> - to focus on the Jira issues first, that it should be fixed on trunk
>>> - release Karaf 3.0.0
>>> - when Karaf 3.0.0 is out, I will create the karaf-3.0.x branch, and the
>>> trunk will become Karaf 3.1.0
>>>
>>> Is it OK for you ?
>>>
>>> 3 - Quality
>>> Karaf 3.0.0 is an important release. It's expected by a lot of people and
>>> projects, and for a long time now :)
>>>
>>> It's really important that we insure the highest quality for this release.
>>> It means that I don't wanna rush on this release: I would like that we
>>> take a time to make clean code, deep tests, add the unit tests when it's
>>> required, etc.
>>>
>>> So, no rush, we take the time that we need :)

>>> Regards